North Providence Police Department

1967 Mineral Spring Ave., North Providence RI 02911

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a copy of an accident report?
Accident reports are available, usually within 48 hours of the incident, at the Crash Reports website or at police headquarters (M - F 8:30 am - 3:30 pm). The web site fee is $10 per report. The cost if you come to headquarters is $.15 per page. You can also obtain copies of accident reports at
Can you tell me about sex offenders in my neighborhood
If a level III sex offender is living in your neighborhood the police department will notify you in writing. The Parole Board maintains a website listing all Level II and III sex offenders in the state.
Can I pay a traffic or parking ticket on-line?
We do not provide this service at this time. Please pay the fine by mail or in person at police headquarters Monday thru Friday between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm. Some motorists must appear in court on a certain day and cannot pay the tick amount in person. These tickets will have a court date entered at the bottom and an indication that it cannot be paid by mail.
Do you have a patch exchange program?
We do not have a formal program but an officer does trade police patches on his own time. You can send him an email at
Can I report a crime on-line?
No, you must request an officer to come to your home or business or respond to headquarters.
How can I get a copy of a police report?
A separate page, available here, has been created to explain the procedure to obtain police reports.
What do I do if someone wrote me a bad check?
The police department's bad check complaint procedure is explained in the following downloadable document.

Bad Check Complaint Procedure
Do you accept credit cards or cash for payment of fines?
No, we only accept checks or money orders.